- It is hoped that the government could through the Budget 2021 continue to take good care of the people’s wellbeing, especially those in the medium-and-low income category; to create more jobs for the people, to increase their household income and to reduce their household debt.
- To further extend the rebate or discount for electricity bill, highway toll, and public transportation, in order to help reduce the people’s basic expenses.
- To increase personal income tax relief (for the amount of RM1,000 at least), such as on expenses for purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and Covid-19 swab test.
- To raise the ceiling for personal income tax relief, such as medical check-up expenses, from existing amount of RM500 to RM2,000; to increase income tax relief for those with children below 18 years old and above who are studying full time, from the current amount of RM2,000 to RM5,000; and to raise income tax relief for those with children 18 years old and above who are studying in overseas, from the current amount of RM8,000 to RM14,000.
- To separate the tax deductions for the parents’ medical treatment expenditures (of RM5,000 maximum) and living allowance for parents (of RM1,500 for each parent, for a maximum amount of RM3,000); and to increase the tax relief for parents’ medical expenses of RM5,000 maximum to RM10,000 and from RM3,000 maximum to RM5,000.